The NEMRA membership is classified as follows:.
- Life members: Members who shall pay the prescribed fee to become members of this category and approved as such in the AGM subject to the AA
- Associate members: Which shall include corporate bodies or individuals who will have paid the requisite fee and approved by the Board.
- Fellows: Members who will have rendered extraordinary service to the company and to the research discipline and whose membership is five years or more subject to nomination by at least three (3) life members and eventual approval of the Board.
- Student membership: For students doing research and who will have paid the requisite fee and approved by the Board
- Honorary members: Determined by the Board from time to time.