The objectives of the seminar series are to:
Doctoral Seminar Series
The doctoral seminar series are part of the core activity of NEMRA Africa. They cover a wide range of topics in line with the individual students’ training and research needs. The doctoral student members of NEMRA Africa, organise these seminars on a regular basis, they deliver, develop and discuss their research in a collaborative informal environment. Academic staff in relevant disciplines to the topic being handled are usually invited.
- Enhance doctoral skills and competences.
- Create and develop a community of doctoral researchers across the universities and research foci.Provide an opportunity for students to present their work in a supportive environment.
- Deliver multi-disciplinary perspectives on the researcher’s work.
- Enable researchers to receive constructive feedback at all stages of their work to improve and enhance their research.
- Help identify opportunities for collaboration and cross-cutting research.
- Provide a platform to prepare for presentation and defense of the doctoral researcher’s work at proposal stage, viva and presentation of one’s work to the wider community.