This is an internal advert; only NEMRA members are eligible to apply.
NEMRA is looking for enthusiastic members to run the network’s day-to-day operations. The network provides a rare opportunity to serve others and enrich your profile while at it.
We are an independent group of early career and senior academic researchers as well as postgraduate research students from across several universities and research oriented organisations in Africa and beyond. Formed in September 2018, the network is based in Uganda and operates as a not-for-profit organisation to provide a platform for networking towards quality academic research for societal wellbeing.
- The fragmented efforts to teach, carryout, manage and utilise academic research yield very little returns on investments made. The synergy in networking cannot be underestimated.
- Postgraduate schools are looking for ways to boost completion rates of their students. NEMRA was formed to contribute to processes that accelerate this.
- Universities in Africa are heavily inclined to teaching. Although teaching is important, research is core and NEMRA was formed for peer inspiration and support among academics across universities to be more involved in research.
- The quality of postgraduate research programming, coordination, training, management and output could be improved. There is also a lot to be done towards mentoring the early career researchers in Africa.
- There is a lot of potential from universities that society is yet to tap through research.
With the help of a team of volunteers, an Executive Committee coordinates the day-to-day activities of the network. Under the leadership of the Managing Director, the committee is responsible for execution of the network’s core areas of operation described in NEMRA’s Strategic Plan.
If you are passionante about research for and in Africa, you are welcome to apply for any of the following positions on the NEMRA’s Executive Committee:
- Managing Director
- Coordinator Finance and Administration
- Coordinator Training and Mentorship
- Coordinator Research Projects and Publications
- Coordinator Mobilisation and advocacy.
Details of the job specifications and job descriptions can be found here.
To apply, please fill in the application form and send it with relevant attachments to email@example.com by Sunday May 30th 2021.
Please note: The positions are for part-time engagement (Minimum 4 hours a week). They accrue an honorarium allowance determined by the Board of Directors following availability of funds and performance.